The Bee Firm is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects and receives. This policy has been developed in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
This policy explains how The Bee Firm collects, uses, discloses and otherwise handles personal information relating to individuals, whether or not they are customers. It also explains how you can ask to access and correct the personal information we hold about you or complain about any suspected privacy breach. Nothing in this policy limits any of our other obligations at law.
The Bee Firm is required to collect personal information only by lawful and fair means. Where possible we will collect personal information, we required directly from you.
Personal information we hold may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, your employer and employment details if provided directly by you and as relevant for our purposes, your preferences and interests as relevant to your purchases or potential purchases and information we require to perform our services to you or to allow the organisation you work for to provide The Bee Firm with goods or services. Further information may be collected with your consent in speciﬁc instances as notiﬁed to you.
Personal information entered into The Bee Firm database will not be used or disclosed by us, except as authorised by you or as is reasonably necessary for the purposes outlined to you.
Should you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide you with the goods or services or may not be able to provide you with the goods or services to a suﬃcient level that we regard as best practice.
We may collect personal information:
• From the information supplied by you to The Bee Firm, included as described in the analytics section below
• In conversation and communication with you and your employees/ers
• From organisations with whom we partner with to oﬀer goods and services
• From third parties including employees, service providers, related companies or your representatives
• From publicly available sources of information
• When we are required to do so by law
Where The Bee Firm collects your personal information, The Bee Firm will take reasonable steps to notify you of:
• The purposes for which we are collecting the information
• The third parties to whom we may disclose the information of that kind
• Whether any of those third parties are located overseas and, if practical to specify, the countries in which they are located
• How to access and correct personal information and make privacy complaints
The Bee Firm will only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our core functions or activities. For example, we may collect:
• Information about your dietary requirements relating to purchases
• Information of professional associations or memberships for which we have mutual interests in (with your consent)
• Identiﬁcation as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander for matters relating to scholarships, employment and training
Where it is practical and lawful for us to do so, The Bee Firm will enable you to access our website and make general telephone inquiries without having to identify yourself or by using a pseudonym. The Bee Firm also enables you to respond to our surveys anonymously.
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website. There are a range of websites that provide tips on how to disable cookies. The Bee Firm does not recommend or endorse any of these external websites and you are advised to refer to them at your discretion.
The Bee Firm has enabled the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting functionality available through Google Analytics. The Bee Firm and our associates use ﬁrst party cookies (Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (the DoubleClick cookie) to collect information.
The Bee Firm and its authorised service providers use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to collect information that enables us to greater tailor our goods and services to your interests and needs, such as your browsing activities and website and email clicks. Web beacons typically work in conjunction with cookies and are small graphic images that may be included in our sites or other communications and can identify our users and user behaviour. Our authorised service providers may also use information collected from your browsing activities to help us target relevant advertising on our website and other places on the internet. These technologies assist The Bee Firm to understand the usefulness of our oﬀerings to you and help to deliver increasingly greater value in our goods and services.
If you would like to opt out of the collection of cookies and other technologies, then you may ﬁnd out information on how to do this from Google.
Your personal information may be used by us or our associates to:
• Provide products and services to you
• Collect payments and to administer your account
• Provide you with updated or new information about products and services
• For the development of existing and new products and services
• Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems
• Promote our other products and services to you
In providing our products and services, or collecting and using your personal information, your personal information may be disclosed to third party organisations including:
• Information technology service providers
• Event organisers
• Marketing and communications agencies
• Mailing houses, freight and courier services
• Printers and distributors of direct marketing material
• Our legal, accounting, ﬁnancial or other professional advisors
• Regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law
• Our industry partners to enable them to provide information about their products and services
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from The Bee Firm at any time through the following channels:
• By email to sales@thebeeﬁrm.com.au
• By telephone at: 1300 234 766
• By utilising the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages such as emails and SMS
You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving information about future events, products or marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are required to send to you relating to the products and services we provide.
Unsolicited personal information is personal information we receive that we have taken no active steps to collect. If the information we receive is not required for The Bee Firm to perform one or more of our activities, The Bee Firm will destroy or de-identify the information as soon as practical.
The Bee Firm takes reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use, or disclose is accurate, complete, and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
• Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
• Keep us up to date with changes to your information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modiﬁcation or disclosure.
You can also help to protect the privacy of your personal information by keeping passwords secret and by ensuring that you log out of the website when you have completed your transaction. If you become aware of any security breach, please contact The Bee Firm oﬃce as soon as possible.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
The Bee Firm is not responsible for the privacy or security of third-party websites that you access via links on The Bee Firm website.
You can access your personal information that we hold, with some exceptions as allowed by law. To obtain a copy of your personal information, write to The Bee Firm oﬃce requesting the information and we will assess your request and provide you with a response, usually within 10 working days. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information. If we refuse your request, or if we refuse to give you access in the manner you requested, The Bee Firm policy is to provide you with a written conﬁrmation of the reasons of our refusal and the available complaint process.
You may access and update your contact details by logging into your account on the website. For any information that cannot be accessed or corrected through the website, please contact The Bee Firm head oﬃce.
This policy may be varied from time to time in accordance with any changes to our practices or changes to the way we collect, use and disclose any personal information. You should check this policy regularly so that you are aware of any variations made about this policy.
If you have a complaint about how The Bee Firm has collected, stored, or used your personal information, please contact The Bee Firm’s oﬃce. We will endeavor to deal with your complaint and take any steps necessary to resolve the matter promptly, but usually within 10 business days.
If the complaint is unable to be resolved within 10 business days, The Bee Firm will advise you in writing including letting you know when we expect to provide our response.
If you are unhappy with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Oﬃce of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details can be found here.
Please contact The Bee Firm if you have any queries about the personal information that The Bee Firm holds about you including the way we use or disclose that personal information or wish to access or correct the personal information held by us or opt out of receiving marketing communications. Our contact details are set out below:
The Bee Firm
886A Canning Highway APPLECROSS WA 6153
Attention: The Privacy Oﬃcer
Telephone: 1300 234 766
Copyright © 2023 – The Bee Firm